- 5 Firefighters are struck and killed each year
- 1 Police Officer is struck and killed each month
- 1 Tow Operator is struck and killed each week
TRAINING PROVIDED AT NO COST!
Receive 4 hours of in-service credit through
DCJS, OEMS, or VDFP
A new coordinated, multi-disciplinary training program developed through the Second Strategic Highway Research
Program (SHRP2) available for all emergency responders and those supporting Traffic Incident Management
operations. This training puts police, firefighters, state and local departments of transportation, towing, medical
personnel, and other incident responders on the same page, leading to a safer, faster, integrated responder team.
- Faster incident response and clearance times result in fewer secondary crashes.
- Training results in less exposure of responder team to moving traffic during recovery.
- Less congestion leads to fewer freight and traveler delays in backups.
- Fewer secondary crashes save on insurance claims.
- Faster cleanups lead to cost savings for incident personnel.
- Smarter response techniques cut congestion clearance time – decreasing delays.
Date: December 17th from 1800 to 2200 Hrs.
Location: Waynesboro First Aid Crew, 201 W Broad Street, Waynesboro, VA
Please use this link to register for the class