Who We Are
Waynesboro First Aid Crew is a non-profit, tax exempt section 501 (c) (3) corporation that is governed by a non-profit Board of Directors, a combination of WFAC executive officers and community leaders who are charged with the responsibility of providing strategic oversight of the business and operations of WFAC that is led by an Executive Director. WFAC is combination agency comprised of both volunteer and career personnel that provides EMS and rescue services to the City of Waynesboro and portions of Augusta County. For greater than sixty-eight years, we have served the citizens of Waynesboro and our loyalty to our community continues to this day.
WFAC responds to over 4,500 emergency calls annually, providing both Basic and Advanced Life Support (ALS) to our response area that includes the entire City of Waynesboro, portions of I-64, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. WFAC also provides mutual aid response to surrounding localities such as Dooms, Crimora, and Lyndhurst.
WFAC operates four modern ALS equipped ambulances equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, one Heavy Extrication squad truck, one rapid response unit, one boat, and a minivan.
Please take the time to browse our website to learn more about your local EMS agency.
To provide the best quality pre-hospital emergency care and rescue services to the citizens of Waynesboro and surrounding areas.
In pursuit of our mission, the following value statements are relevant, essential, and timeless to the Waynesboro First Aid Crew:
- We recognize and affirm the worth and value of each and all persons.
- We treat those we serve with skill, respect, and kindness.
- We act with absolute integrity, honesty, and fairness in the way we provide our services.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our health care team, and we pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
- We enter into and maintain a commitment with this organization-with emphasis on “commitment”- fully knowing and recognizing that this organization and our communities rely upon our diligence of service to properly fulfill our mission.